It is the Company's Policy to continuously promote a secure working environment both ashore and onboard managed vessels.
The Company's objectives regarding the security policy implementation is to:
- Assess and monitor the security aspects of all managed vessels and shore based premises
- Establish safeguards against identified risks
- Comply with statutory, legislative and class requirements as applicable
- Avoid security incidents that could cause human injury, loss of life or damage to the ship, the property and assets under its management.
- Ensure fast and efficient exchange of security related information
In order to effectively implement and maintain its Security Policy the Company:
- Provides adequate resources and support to the CSO, Master, and SSO for the effective implementation & maintenance of this policy
- Implements procedures to prepare and respond to security related emergency situations
- Designates personnel to monitor security aspects at managed vessels
- Prepares & trains shore based and sea going personnel for handling emergency situations
- Takes into account all related guidelines, standards, codes and publications as applicable
- Prevents unauthorized access to managed vessels and shore based premises
- Cooperates with port authorities and shore based facilities to enhance security level during ship operation
- Gathers information with respect to security threats and promotes the information exchange regarding security incidents.
- Evaluates and continually improves the security processes / measures followed by taking necessary action for identified problem areas through the implementation of Internal Auditing and Management Review systems.
All Company employees, shore based and sea going, are responsible for implementing the company's Security Policy.
The Company's Management is responsible to monitor and review the Security Policy on a regular basis in order to ensure that it remains relevant and effective. As evidence of Management's commitment on the implementation of the above that policy is to be posted at prominent positions both at Company's premises and onboard managed vessels.